Saturday, January 21, 2012

Juice fast days four through seven

Okay so I skipped a few days here...tired, cranky, not wanting to write and did I mention cranky?

I found days four and five to be very trying. It is written that after day three it gets easier and your actual desire for whole food is gone. I say nuts to that. I have been dreaming of breads and cookies and beans and rice and marinated chicken and big macs and filet mignon and baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. Don't forget I haven't had chicken or turkey or beef or pork in any form intentionally for well over a year. Oddly my cravings for dairy have been limited to combinations with other food like pizza or lasagna. I also haven't been all that hard of for coffee or caffeine either which has been surprising. I did have a small cup of coffee with a splash of almond milk this morning...more because I wanted to taste not and not because I wanted caffeine.

Days four and five also brought on a new sensation for me...extended periods of meanness and just plain crankiness all around. I was awful to be around and wanted to stab people with fork just to be stabbing something with a fork. I was short on patiences and long on snottiness. I apologize to all of you that had to suffer the 'Wrath of Mo'.

Today, day seven, has been better and the fruit and veg have been mostly restocked. Speaking of stock the has also been helpful when a massive food craving comes on. The left overs from juicing the veg in a pot with some water and a few spices, then strained and consumed has been very nice.

Odd sensations:

My kidneys are bothering me. At least I assume it is my kidneys. I have clue why and it doesn't seem to be a side effect of a juice fast. Maybe it is my back. Maybe it is all in my head. Dunno.

I am still cold all the time too.

New things juiced:
Celery root
beet greens
kiwi
onion




No comments:

Post a Comment