Monday, January 16, 2012

Day two juice fast

Okay so it is almost the end of day two. I worked this morning so that added a nice twist...I wasn't sure if I would have the strength or gumption to make it through and to be nice to boot. I survived. Barely. It is tough being so far from my juicer...I did make two big containers Sunday night one sweet one savory as I did tonight. So I am ready for tomorrow, well as ready as I can be.
Thoughts and observations:
I was hungry and it sucked. I really wanted a Big Mac (yes I know I have been a vegetarian for over a year now), but I really wanted one. I find myself thinking about food. All. The. Time. This make me wonder how I have let it rule my life for well all my life.
Also day two with no caffeine. Have had a slight headache, but it could be a bunch of things not just the no caffeine. Nose is slightly clogged, but I also haven't used my allergy medicine.
I did not exercise today and think I will swim as gently as possible tomorrow - trying to let my body adjust to no solid food.
My tongue is still funky. Feels like I drank way too much - that thick dry kind of feeling.

Did you know you an juice the following?
green beans
bok choy
sprouts
kale
spinach
cilantro

Also:
blue berries and tomatoes are goopy when juiced.
cucumbers taste like melon when juiced

It is supposed to get easier. I hope it does. Have I mentioned I am hungry? I think the hunger is more mental. I am full. I am full. I am full.
Oh and I should take some pictures shouldn't I? Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment