Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day one juice fast

So it is the end of day one of what is planned as a 15 day juice fast. Today I have felt: awake, sleepy, hungry, loopy, my tongue feels funky - dry maybe?,  hungry, jealous, full, energetic and slightly headachy.
How much of this is mental and how monstrous of a role has food played in my daily life...so much to think about.
I wanted to take a few minutes to jot down what I am thinking and feeling also maybe some of the items that have gotten put into the juicer. I mean who knew you could juice cabbage and bok choy?
I have also consumed a decent amount of water and quite a bit of tea oh and I had a cup of veggie stock.
Where will all of this lead? I am not sure.
What are my goals? I am already vegetarian and want to get back to vegan. I am hoping this leads to that. And if not at least I want to be more aware of what I am putting into my body and where it comes from and how it makes me feel. To eat much much much cleaner. To view food as fuel and not a reward. To be the best me I can be.
Okay now I need sleep. Four in the morning comes way to soon. IT will be interesting to see how I do while at work. Oh and while trying not to have any coffee. Good luck to anyone that comes in to the Y tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment