Wednesday, January 25, 2017

PANCAKE FAIL!!!

I am a good cook. I swear! 

But sometimes things just don't turn out as planned. 

I have seen this post for two ingredient pancakes come through my fb feed several times over the past few days and I had two bananas that needed to be used so why not? It is a food network recipe so it must be decent right???

Please forgive me for not taking pictures of the initial mashing of the bananas or the mixing of the eggs into the mashed bananas, but I didn't think I was going to post about this until those steps had been completed.

In defense of this recipe (if it is possible) I did use two bananas versus the one banana in the original recipe and did not double the eggs soooooo....maybe....no I don't think it would have made a difference.

Step one: cut up banana (I used two)
Step one point five: heat skillet


Illustration of step one point five. I love my cast iron!
Step two: mash banana
Step three: mix in two eggs to make a 'batter' 

Illustration of step three - the 'batter'
Step four: spoon into skillet


Illustration of step four

Step five: destroy while trying to flip 'pancake' I have creatively edited this photo to make them appear whole...there were many pieces outside this frame.

Creative photo of step five
Step six: remove from skillet and add favorite nut butter (the original recipe used almond and I had none so I used peanut - they also rolled it like a crepe, but I have no idea how because they didn't stay together and the act of applying peanut butter completely destroyed them)
Illustration of step six. Pretty aren't they?

Step seven: eat, but if you ask Mark it would be immediately throw into trash or feed to your enemies.

I was confident that Mark was going to think I was trying to hurt him by making these so I quickly cooked up some bacon to go with it so he wouldn't be too mad.

He comes out of his office and declares that these pancakes were, "One of the top three most disgusting things I have ever eaten." Remember, we have traveled to lots of places and tried many different food including tripe (nastiest thing I have ever eaten) and guinea pig (also gross).

Try them if you would like, but be warned...they are not all that and you made need something to take the taste out of your mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment