Thursday, August 25, 2016

A ReFreshing Table Story

A year or two ago is when I think I was first bitten by the spray paint bug. We had a marble topped coffee table. The marble is off white streaked with greys, blues, tans, and white. The base was brown. Yep. Brown. One day I ask Mark...'Mark do you care if I paint the base of the table?'

Foolishly he said no.

This was the time when I didn't even realize you could get the same shade of spray paint in flat, semi-gloss or full-on shine.

I painted it a gloss off white and it was good...until we moved to Chicago where all of our accents are now white. Not eggshell, nor ecru, or even antique white. As luck would have it I just so happened to have an extra can of gloss white just hanging out in the garage (actually there were two, but who counts that stuff).
Let me tell you the marble on that table is heavy AND awkward.
I get the base outside and it assumes the position...

Yep this is the correct position...
I am about one coat in and Mark calls...he innocently asks, 'what are you up to?' I fumble for words looking...searching for ones that will not incriminate me. Nope. There are none so I mumble real fast...Iampainting. 
Maybe he won't notice. 
Wrong.
I think his response was something like, 'Oh no. Now what?' 
I respond the table. 
'What table?' the coffee table. I had to. It was wrong and we can't live with a coffee table that is wrong.





So now the coffee table is right again.






As a matter of fact he hasn't seen it yet...
Hey babe, here the the coffee table done right! 
Now we can all sleep just a little more soundly tonight. 

You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment