Saturday, August 13, 2016

A bowling balls magical transformation!

Again my love of all things spray paint is evident.
I am surprised the cashier at Menard's isn't questioning my intent with the mass quantities of spray paint I buy. I am sure I am on a registry somewhere...

So this weeks was project gazing ball.

Goodwill provided me with the bowling balls and a lamp a certainly didn't need (we haven't told Mark about these little surprises and we will see how long it takes him to find them ;) ).
This one was painted with the mirror finish.
This one was painted with the Metallic in bronze.



















Menard's has by far the best selection of spray paint and it is much cheaper than some of the other home improvement stores that are nearby. The employees there were probably wondering why I was taking so long in the spray paint isle, but the choice of metallic color was important. My inspiration for this was from the glorious site The Garden Glove - thank you!

I used RUST-OLEUM Mirror Effect for one and Metallic in bronze for the other. Both came out fantastic. In the future I may seal them with a clear gloss, but for now I am happy with the results.

The color choices for this project may also have been influenced by the current Olympics...I do have gold metallic too for my next bowling ball purchase.

This was quick and easy spraying each with as many coats as it took to get the effect I desired. Three coats seemed to do the trick. (The lampshade was for the lamp I didn't need - shhhhh)
The mirror effect ball. I love the minor imperfections from the bowling ball being used. It gives it character.


And here is the bronze gazing ball. 

This has to be one of my favorite and one of the easiest projects I have done. Now to find them the perfect home...

No comments:

Post a Comment