Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Plotting a comeback

Don't call it a comeback.
I've been here for years.

So I am a resolutioner. Yep I said it. I said to myself...self we need to get back on track. So I went back to the Y and not just for work. I have done a few classes here and there (thank you Erin) but I am totally lacking in consistency. So now I am an accountability partner, and if this morning is any indication not a very good one, for Mark. The plan is to go to the Y before work and work out.
Monday I ran.
Tuesday I swam.
Wednesday (today) I slept.
Well, that is not entirely true. I did do bootcamp after work...which is probably way worse than anything I would have done on my own.
Tomorrow??? Who knows.

I still haven't decided if I want to enter any other races in 2014, but I am hoping to make 2015 a killer year which may mean some prep in 2014. We shall see.

Here is a tasty treat I have been making to satisfy my sweet tooth in this new year...
Black Bean Fudge.
Tasty and vegan and probably the healthiest chocolate thing I have had in probably forever.
1 - can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
6 - T of coconut oil (melted)
3/4 - Cup cocoa powder
5ish T of brown sugar (I may or may not have added a wee bit more)
Pinch of salt

Throw it all in the food processor and blend until smooth.
Spread into a pan (I used an 8x8) and throw it into the fridge until it sets up.
Enjoy!
Ridiculously easy and Tasty and Fibrous.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. Maybe next time. But try it anyway.

Saturday is my tattoo appointment. I am super excited and still a bit scared. This I will take pictures of!
Can't wait for my cicadas...I worked hard for those bad boys.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment