Monday, January 20, 2014

Is 2014 the anti race year?

For the last several years I have set goals.
Most of these were race related goals.
Now it is a new year and now is the time to set those goals. Right?

Maybe this years goals should be something else.
I have one ride planned and I need to get ready for that, but maybe 2014 is about not racing against  a clock or for a new PR maybe 2014 is about setting goals to be a better me. To race toward a happier, healthier me.

Maybe I have been running from something...from someplace. Maybe I am running to something...someone. Maybe I am right where I need to be. I am right where I need to be.

Is 2014 the time for me to become who I know I can be? To finish what I started?

I am nearing the end to another trip around the sun and start the last 525,600 minutes before that next big milestone.

I am thinking big plans for 2015. How big? Who knows. I have been known to do wild and crazy things before. Maybe unexpected. Maybe not. Hopefully out of my comfort zone, because we all need to do things that make us uncomfortable and test our limits.

My first thing that makes me uncomfortable? I think tomorrow I shall get up early like way before I have to go to work early and swim. Yep in a pool. In a swimsuit. In front of people. Note to self set up coffee pot to auto brew. I am just curious how chlorine will work wit the no washing my hair thing.

Write it down. Say it out loud. Put it out there. Done.

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment