Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy peasy mostly green best shower/tub cleaner EVER!

When I tell people I make cleaners and deodorants and laundry soaps and such I hear lots of how do you have time or wow that's crazy or I love it or why? But what I tell them is what I do is easy. I mean ridiculously easy. Like it takes less time to make some of this stuff than it does to watch Jeopardy.
The answer to the why question is easy. Because it is healthier and greener and so much better for me and the ones that I love and who doesn't want that?

Somewhere along the way someone told us these processed chemical laden cleaners and products were better for us than the natural ones we had been using...and we believed it.

I want to get back to a time when we take 5 minutes or less to put together cleaners that work just as well and sometimes better than the crap we buy at the store and I want to start by sharing a recipe for a shower cleaner that will blow your mind.

What you need.

- an empty spray bottle (I reused one)
- white vinegar
- blue dawn dish soap

Equal parts dawn and vinegar.

Yep that's it. In all honesty I usually use less Dawn and more vinegar and it does a great job.

One recipe I found say heat the vinegar and feel free to do so, but I never use it all after heating it and so I use it room temp too and it seems to work just fine this way too.

Spray it in your shower and wait about 30 minutes and wipe down. Please note and please be careful the tub/shower will be slippery, but what would you expect when you spray it down with dish soap? So please don't slip and fall and hurt yourself and get mad. You HAVE been warned. Also you may have an intense desire for fish and chips to go with the vinegar, this is perfectly normal.

BAM! THAT'S IT!!!



I also use this to clean the stove and microwave and countertops and anything greasy. It would probably make a kick ass pre-treater for clothes wit any type of grease stain.

Granted this one uses Dawn and it is not chemical free, but it does clean birds and sea life after oil spills so it is not super duper evil in my book.

****WARNING****
This makes surfaces slippery! If you choose to use it on any surface you stand on please make sure to thoroughly clean up all cleaner residue!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment