Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tri-ing to be a good sport

Today was the Green Lakes Livestrong Triathlon. It was cool and intensely humid when not raining and colder when it was raining.

Today I volunteered at the Green Lakes Triathlon.

Wow! So many beautiful, strong, courageous and determined athletes. The power of this group was inspiring.  I worked briefly helping racers put their timing chips on and then was stationed at the first water stop coming out of the bike transition into the run. Let me tell you there is an art to handing out water and it took a few to get the hang of it. I got to cheer (and by cheer I mean yell really loud) on all of my friends out there navigating the course. Lastly, I got to help with crowd control near the finish line and while I did not get to see the winners finish I did get to cheer on some of my favorite people and watch them succeed and see the look of pride on their faces. A great big way to go to all of you!

Props to all of the family, friends, volunteers, survivors, and other supporters that came out to cheer on these amazing people.

Note to self...start taking more pictures to include in blog.

Tomorrow it is 4 weeks until the Boilermaker and 8 until my first tri Iron Girl and 154 days 11 hours 6 minutes and 36 seconds until the Outer Banks Marathon, but hey who's counting. One of these days maybe I will write about some of my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment